If you are having issues with connecting to the internet this article may help. There are numerous reasons you may not be connecting properly and we will do our best to document them here.
Wireless or wired connection
Its important to verify that your device is properly connect to your network. Unfortunately there are hundreds of different devices so we cannot provide specific written support for all of them. Please refer to the manufacturers documentation to confirm your device is connected. Here are links to some of the most popular devices.
Network Equipment Reboot
Many times a simple reboot of your modem and router can resolve internet connection issues.
- Unplug the power to your modem(s). This is the box from your cable or DSL provider.
- Unplug the power to your router.
- Plug in your modem and wait for lights to stabilize on a specific pattern.(Usually takes about 1 minute)
- Plug in your router and wait until the lights stabilize or the router has started up.(Usually takes about 30 seconds)
- You have now completed a power cycle and you should be able to get back online.
In order to isolate the problem you can plug a computer directly into your service providers modem. This will eliminate your home network from the equation and will help isolate the issue. If after plugging you computer directly into the modem you are still experiencing the issue proceed to contact your service provider. If plugging into the modem fixes your problem please contact us for additional support. email@example.com or 713-780-4601
Service Provider Issues
Its possible your service provider is having connection issues to your home or office. Please contact your service provider for assistance. If you have a Symbio Client Care Plan we may be able to do this for you. Ask us for more details.
The Symbio Support Team